Wednesday, November 30, 2005

breakup letter to iMesh

Dear iMesh,


I wrote this to you to tell you that this just isn't working out. I know we got off to a great start, and before we even knew it, we got to the peak of our relationship. I would ask for a song, you would get it, and you wouldn't give me the bullshit "COPYRIGHT" warning that you did with certain, obviously illegal, copies of songs. It didn't take long for us to completely forget about that pesky pirating thing and things were perfect. But, baby, things change.

When you made all of the awesome songs that I had inaccessible because of "License Required", I felt hurt. No longer can I hear "Oh I Think Dey Like Me Remix Ft. Jermaine Dupri" without popups and skipping to the next song. What happened to us? It's like you don't even know me anymore, God knows I don't know you. It seems like you only listen to that bastard, RIAA now. You don't even hear me. You're not listening right now, are you?! What happened to the application that I love. If I were an unrealistic, profit-oriented agency, then would you listen to me? Well maybe you can get the RIAA to make you breakfast, you son of a bitch. Shit.

OK, I'm sorry, let me finish. I just want to say, don't be mad. Don't hate me for doing this. Someday you'll find someone else, somebody you can fuck over just like you did me, and you're gonna be happy. You're gonna be just fine, OK? We can still be friends and soon you're gonna forget about silly ol' me. Heck, I hear about you all the time! What choice do I have? Ha ha! See? You're smiling. Hey. HEY. Look at me. . . There you go.

Well, thanks for what we had. It was beautiful once, but it's time to move on.

Sincerely,

Hank