Sunday, February 12, 2006

If you're in need of something new and pretty...

Maybe I'm shallow. Maybe I'm naive. But just maybe I'm in touch with what appeals to me and I'm just cool with that. No matter what it is, I love really creative and engaging advertising that uses art to kick ass all over the place. Graphic designers are doing very cool things that are worth attention simply for their value as an artistic medium.

One of the best places to find graphic design at its best is Communication Arts. They ought to have it at Barnes & Noble, but I know that good university libraries have it stacked away somewhere.

As for music, someone gets paid good money to find music for those ambient car commercials or entirely-too-cool Gap ads, or the quirky/supposed-to-be-funny ones. Often, they deserve this good money. You can search Limewire (or whatever it is you are using these days, you scamps!) for 'commercial' and turn up a few great ones, classics being. Otherwise, a good place to get started is 'boards, which tries to keep track of this sort of thing. For starters, the one with the sting-ray has a great tune. Check it.