Sunday, January 08, 2006

Let's hear it for codeine

The surgery went fine. I wish that I had a picture of the x-ray to show you, but let's just sum it up by saying that all of the nurses said "Ooohh", and shrugged at me when they saw it in the examination room. What a bunch of bitches.

After that, I was moved into a different room, where a tremendous needle was put into my arm and with saline and glucose. Another thing was put into that one, with something very magical inside. This was my first confrontation with general anesthetic and hopefully my last. I did not like this stuff. I remember coming out of it, however slightly, midway through the procedure, because I could hear the doctor plinking and rooting around in there. Then my big boobed nurse woke me up. My stepmom took me to get a Frosty, brought me home, and took care of me, and I had no clue what was going on. I really did not like having a near total lack of control, especially when I wound up with a lap full of Frosty due to a numb jaw.

Let me tell you, I like a fuckin' Frosty. Just not four of them. My diet for a few days was limited to them, along with painkillers and water. My first real meal back was grilled out, which rules the school. Do not take solid food for granted, because someday it may be the best friend you've got.